I made this recipe from The Clever Carrot Blog and we enjoyed it so much that I didn’t changed anything in the recipe. The photo is from the original blog: 20 MINUTE MEXICAN SKILLET CHICKEN
Mexican Skillet Chicken
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, diced into 1cm pieces (red or yellow)
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- 400g ground chicken or turkey, mix of white and dark meat for best flavor
- Mexican spice blend or an all-natural taco seasoning of your choice, to taste (around 1 tbsp)
- 1 cup whole cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup cooked black beans, (rinsed & drained)
- ¼ c. chopped fresh parsley or cilantro
- * Serve with cauliflower rice or Jasmine rice, optional
- In a large skillet, warm the olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the onions and garlic. Sauté until soft and translucent, about 3 minutes.
- Add the chicken. Sprinkle with Mexican spice blend and sauté, stirring occasionally, about 3 minutes.
- Add the cherry tomatoes and continue to sauté until the tomatoes begin to burst and the chicken is cooked through. Taste, and season with additional spice blend to your liking.
- Add the black beans and parsley. Stir gently to warm through.
- When ready to eat, serve warm straight from the skillet.
Darling, à table! http://darlingatable.com/