One of the best recipes I ever made (maybe because it remembered me the great time I’ve spent in Korea). Is very important to use a very good cabbage kimchi. Recipe and photo found on: Tasting Table
Kimchi Fried Rice
- 200g slab bacon, roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- One 2cm piece ginger, peeled and minced
- 2 cups cooked long-grain white rice (preferably day-old rice)
- 1½ cups chopped napa cabbage kimchi (get the best you can)
- Kosher salt, to taste
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon gochujang
- 2 eggs, fried sunny-side up, for serving
- Thinly sliced scallions, for garnish
- 1. In a large wok, cook the bacon over medium-high heat until the fat has rendered and the bacon is crisp, 8 minutes. Add the garlic, onion and ginger, and cook until aromatic, 1 to 2 minutes.
- 2. Add the rice and kimchi, and cook, tossing frequently until heated through, 4 to 5 minutes. Season with salt. Reduce the heat to medium low and flatten the rice with your spatula. Cook until the rice forms a crust on the bottom of the pan, 4 to 5 minutes.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix together the butter and gochujang until smooth. Spoon the gochujang butter over the rice and top with fried eggs and sliced scallions, then serve.
Darling, à table! http://darlingatable.com/