Easy Garlic Rice Recipe
- 50g Salted Butter
- 9 to 12 Cloves garlic (approximately 2 heaping Tbs)
- 1 cups Jasmine rice
- 1.5 cups Water
- 1 Green onion
- 1 avocado
- Heat a large thick bottom pot that has lid over low heat. Add butter and let it slowly melt. (heat 1/10)
- Roughly chop garlic. Add into melted butter and increase heat to medium. Fry garlic for 4 to 5 minutes until garlic is golden brown and crispy. Stir occasionally so they will cook evenly. Be careful not to burn, it will give bitter flavor.
- Turn off heat and take fried garlic out on a plate with paper towel. Set aside.
- Turn back heat to medium; add rice into beautiful garlic infused butter. Stir to coat every single grain of rice with butter and toast them for 3 to 4 minutes until rice absorbed butter and toasted evenly. Stir occasionally.
- Add water; stir once and cover with lid. Increase heat to high and bring it to boil. When it starts boiling, reduce heat to low (1/10) and stir one last time from bottom to top with an wooden spoon. Cover back on, simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let sit aside for 15 extra minutes so rice will finish cooking. Don’t open the lid in this process, because rice will need all hot steam inside of the pot to finish cooking.
- Meanwhile, chop the green onion, some cilantro and the avocado for garnish.
- Now, finally open and fluff rice from bottom to top with a spoon or fork. Garnish with chopped green onion, cilantro, avocado and fried garlic. Serve hot and let your guest to mix the rice and garnish. Enjoy!
Darling, à table! http://darlingatable.com/