For those who love the acidity of the rhubarb, here you have a nice recipe adapted from Food52. I put in only the half of the sugar written in the original recipe, so feel free to add more if you love it sweet. I’ve made it late into the evening and didn’t had enough natural light to take my own photo, so I took the photo from the original website, but I assure you it looked the same 😉
Rhubarb with Earl Grey Tea, Cinnamon and Orange Zest
- 200g rhubarb
- 1 big apple, peeled
- Juice of 1 small lemon
- 3 tbls of sugar (I like it acid, but put in more if you need more sweetens)
- 1/2 tbls of ground cinnamon (but use you favorite spice - cardamom, vanilla, etc)
- 1/2 cup of Earl Grey tea (2 bags of Earl Grey infused for at least 3 minutes)
- Zest of 1 orange
- Ice cream (choose your favorite flavor, I tried mango and vanilla)
- Preheat oven to 170°C.
- Place chopped rhubarb and apple in a medium casserole dish or oven-safe pot. Add remaining ingredients (retaining the zest of 1/2 orange and the ice cream for later) and gently toss. I advise tasting one chunk of apple and one chunk of rhubarb at this stage. They will both be nicely sugar-coated and crisp.
- Bake uncovered for 30 minutes and stir at half time. I let this batch cool slightly (15 minutes), spooned some into a bowl, and topped it with a small scoop of ice cream and orange zest. Keep some for breakfast, it's very refreshing!
Darling, à table! http://darlingatable.com/