Baked Falafel Wraps with Tahini Dressing
- ½ cup walnuts
- 2 cups cooked/canned chickpeas
- 1 small red onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- pinch salt
- 2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- ½ cup coarsely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- ½ cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
- ¼ cup of olive oil
- ½ cup tahini
- ¼ cup water
- 3 tbls lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove minced and pinch of salt
- collard green leaves (or any salad leaves)
- chopped mint or cilianto
- chopped tomatoes
- shredded red cabbage
- Preheat oven to 190°C. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Pulse walnuts in a food processor for about 30 seconds. Add chickpeas, red onion, garlic, baking powder, cumin, pinch of salt, lemon juice, cilantro, parsley and olive oil. Blend the ingredients together, occasionally smooshing down the sides until mixture is slightly well combined but still a little chunky.
- Using your hands or small scooper, form small balls of falafel and place on parchment sheet. Brush top of each one with olive oil and bake, turning every 5 minutes, until falafels are evenly brown, about 15 minutes. Or flatten the falafel with a spatula before they go into the oven so you only have to flip them once in the baking process.
- To make dressing: mix all ingredients in a small bowl or food processor.
- To assemble: Drizzle tahini dressing down the middle of the collard green, place 2 falafels in the center and top with roughly chopped mint, cabbage, and tomatoes.
Darling, à table! http://darlingatable.com/